Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Homegrown


I'd love to have a wedding where everything is sourced locally and made with love and care. Like this Virginia wedding.I definitely want my bouquet to be grown by my mom. And maybe I could try my hand at growing flowers. I keep thinking of ideas that would be so much work! Like making all the food myself (with help from guests, family and friends). I tried to simplify it, like just grill/roast a whole bunch of veggies like potatoes, peppers and onions and have a salad... probably spinach because that's as close as it will be to a salad Rod might eat... and pizza!


Would oven roasted pizza be an awesome wedding meal? I don't think I've seen it anywhere. But it would probably be a little difficult to make that many pies in a small oven.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool! I've always thought a "homemade" wedding would be really cool, but I've always been daunted by the task of making everything at home... lol. One idea would be to make the invitations out of homemade recycled paper. You can add flower petals and stuff and really make it your own.

    btw, there's very little Rod and quite a bit of Kate in your celeb name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, in terms of pizza, if we luck out and get good weather, we could use a bunch of solar ovens. They're not too difficult to make, and we could line them up and put a pizza or two in each one... If the weather doesn't hold up, we'll be eating pizza dough and toppings with a spoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah it is a bit daunting... like super daunting if I think about every little detail I'd want to make. I'm definitely doing the invitations on some handmade paper. :D maybe dyed to not be so grayish.

    Hah and I didn't make up our celeb name so I can't be blamed for it being 75% my name... but he gets the first letter.

    Yeah and maybe solar ovens are a bit risky but sound awesome :D

    ReplyDelete